• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soft Proofing with Mac Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Ventura 13.2.1 my icc profiles do not show up when softproofing nor when printing. Color Sync utility does not show them however they do exist in the Library files - see attached. note I have other profiles besides the Epson ones in the Library folders and they do not show either when softproofing or printing.

Lightroom Classic v 12.2

Spent lots of time with Apple and Adobe with no luck. 

Thoughts? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing profiles may be due to where the Epson drivers install the ICC profiles and how. Epson should be placing the profiles in the path below, which ends up being deep inside a 'package' and difficult to get to:
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/
IF you see a folder named ICCProfiles and open it, you'll see one or more items, the names will vary depending on the printer. You may have to try opening the following package to inspect the contents for the actual ICC profiles. Because this is a package, you need to use the contextual menu option (Control Click) to Select "Show Package Contents" and you should see a list of all the ICC profiles inside that package. Copy or move them on your Mac to the folder where most of the other profiles reside: 
/Users/~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Quit the Adobe product, restart it, they should now show up.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one thing I notice in the screen shot is that the profiles are not in the Profiles folder. The Profiles folder is shown collapsed, not expanded; and the profile list items are at the same indent level as the Profiles folder. So all the profiles visible in the list are at the top level of the ColorSync folder, next to and outside of the Profiles folder. 

Does it make any difference if the profiles are moved into the Profiles folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Funny because Apple told me they were in the correct place as did Adobe. 

Thanks so much for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that did it. It’s subtle and easy to miss, I didn’t even notice right away, only after staring at it for a bit did I go “Hey, wait a minute…” 🙂

So now we know that the profiles actually have to be in the Profiles folder, not just in the ColorSync folder. Thanks for reporting back, we all learned something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines