• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solar Ejection, 9-05-21 Update, or What?

Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the 2021 Labor Day weekend (USA), my aging AIO pc (Windows 10) kept crashing and restarting whenever trying to access Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, or Bridge. The blue screen of death indicated VideoDXGEKRNLFatal Error.  I've previously had problems with an old graphics card - GeForce GT 640M (no updates available) - that causes an occassional crash if Lightoom is pushed with too many tasks, but up till now, I've been able to operate in Lightroom.  This weekend, my Adobe applications crashed seconds after startup, leaving my pc to cycle through its startup process.  With some attempts at opening Lightroom, new tutorials were offered, but ignored.  After a few days of trying to open my Adobe apps, Lightroom did pop up (with the tutorials). Rather than skipping them, I followed the prompts, then clicked on "Learn More".  Asked to log in to my Adobe account, an explanation of the latest 9-05-21 update was displayed.  Following this, I have been able to access Lightroom Classic, import and edit photos.  Is anyone else having a similar issue this weekend?      

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Sounds like a serious but intermittent hardware failure. If that were my machine, I would replace it or get it checked out by a reputable shop. Some times a shop cannot find issues that pop up in LrC because their tests do not stress the machine the same way LrC does.

PS, I'm a ham radio operator and have not heard of any issues related to solar storms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a serious but intermittent hardware failure. If that were my machine, I would replace it or get it checked out by a reputable shop. Some times a shop cannot find issues that pop up in LrC because their tests do not stress the machine the same way LrC does.

PS, I'm a ham radio operator and have not heard of any issues related to solar storms.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.  I am on the verge of replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines