• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

some photos in imported catalogue not showing in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently exported a catalogue from my main computer, and imported it into Lightroom on my laptop.

Most everything was o.k.

BUT there are still photos sitting on my hard drive (all contained in the same folder with the program itself) that absolutely will not show up in lightroom.

When I click syncronize folder, it shows me that it is going to import 37 images, for instance, but then it says there are no images to import.

So I am missing those 37 from one folder.

I have several folders where this has occurred.

Any help?

THANKS!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you say, "photos sitting on my hard drive (all contained in the same folder with the program itself)" what do you mean?

Are these "photo files" like CR2 or NEf files that are in the same folder but not in the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to both your questions via email, but I guess you didn't receive my messages!

Lightroom 10.3, Windows 10 on both computers.

I exported a folder with subfolders in Lightroom on my desktop as a catalogue, saving it to an external drive.

I then plugged the external drive into my laptop, opened the catalogue in Lightroom there.

It opened sucessfully with edits, but some photos that were included in the export will not display on the laptop in lightroom, even though they are visible in Explorer which shows they are on the disc.  These "missing" photos are scattered throughout the folders, maybe just one here or there, and some clumps of photos as well.

I have tried syncronizing some sub folders, and LR will say "importing 37 photos", and then say "there are no photos to import".

I do not know how to get Lightroom to recognize and display the photos that should be part of the catalogue.

I appreciate your help!

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to both your questions via email, but I guess you didn't receive my messages!

Never place requests for support in e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I know! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please let us know which version of Lightroom you are using on both computers, and which operating systems and computer types you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a couple of screenshots, post into a reply, use the insert photo button to place in the reply, not the attachment button (many members do not trust and will not open attachments, no matter what assurances are made)

Screenshot one: LrC, showing Folders Panel, as much info as possible.

Screenshot two: Windows File Explorer view of the folders in question,

CreateAPost.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently exported a catalogue from my main computer, and imported it into Lightroom on my laptop.

Most everything was o.k.

BUT there are still photos sitting on my hard drive (all contained in the same folder with the program itself) that absolutely will not show up in lightroom.

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic? Or Lightroom??? (You say Lightroom CC but no Adobe software is named Lightroom CC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my reply, two more down, that is more likely helpful than this one.

In the  images you sent to me via PM, I notice that you are apparently not treating JPEG next to RAW files as separate photos. Now, changing that after the import has no immediate effect. Issue is, it complicates viewing the files. At least one  posting states you can fix this by changing the option, to treat them separate, then in the folders panel, select the folder they are in, right click, and sync .WARNING, try that on a small set, not sure if it will foul up your edits.

This setting is in /preferences/general/import options/

see;

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-treat-jpeg-files-ne...

oh, and this link is better:

https://www.remosoftware.com/info/how-to-split-a-raw-jpeg-file-use-lightroom-to-split-a-raw-jpeg-fil...

And, please post your screenshots  in this community discussion, so others can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post your screenshots, perhaps another member, one that uses date centric folders in his/hers structure, can comment. I never ever considered that file structure, 

But any how. does using this syntax:

2021-08-19 Butterflies

vs

2-21_08_19_Butterflies

cause issues, note this  may be OS specific.

not actual folder in OP screenshot, just made that up, but similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, select the All Photographs collection, look for the missing photos, see if they actually exist in that collection, If they do, right click and show them in the folder they are in, or in explorer.

Could be they are in some folder other than you planed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Selectd the All Photographs collection and looked for the first missing photo, DSCN2428.  I right clicked and it took me to the location in explorer. It is there, in full size.  But when I click on "show in folder", it shows the exported file, in the subfolder, smaller, jpg, with no edits.

I think perhaps this is what is messing me up:  In the folder "2021-05-1--06-01 Brookings Driftwood Cottage", I have the original images at original size and with edits. 

I have chosen the best of these, and exported them to the folder "Arielle 21-05-31 and 6-01 Driftwood Cot". They have the same exact names as the one in the above folder.

Perhaps the duplicate names of the images is what is keeping me from being able to see them in Lightroom!!

The original full sized DSCN2428 is the one I am missing.  The exported DSCN2428 smaller is the one that is showing in the library.

I may have hit on the problem.  Now, how to rectify it!

Thanks for sending me this direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to use syncronize folders with don't import duplicates unchecked.  I got the images back, and all straight now.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines