• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sync settings, Auto WB keyboard shortcuts keep changing to export images

Contributor ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many versions of  Lightroom, the sync settings keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-S) will randomly change exporting images. This first started many versions ago and is still happening in Version 8.3. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Trashing preferences temporarily fixes the issue, but of course, I then have to spend hours/days rebuilding all of my preferences since Adobe still doesn't have a preferences backup. 

Adobe Support has tried to fix this on numerous occasions but has yet to solve it. 

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
74 Comments
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since an update a few weeks ago, the LR shortcuts are all mixed up. For example, cntrl/shift U is supposed to Auto White Balance but now it exports a DNG. Other shortcuts are also performing the wrong task. While working on another LR bug Adobe support already reset my preferences and that did not fix the shortcuts problem.

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application may not have installed correctly. Have you tried uninstalling the application, then reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a new install. Do you mean the update may not have installed correctly?

The problem is intermittent though fairly consistent. LR details:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.1 [ 1200465 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Version: 10.0.17763

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.6 GHz

Built-in memory: 28613.0 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the update may well not have installed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled, then re-installed LR Classic and at least auto-WB and Synchronize Settings work now. Time will tell if the other bugs have been cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the pre-installed Publish Service for Flickr and now the short cut is working. Will monitor how long this lasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett,

To back up to a previous version of your preferences, you could use my free Snapshot Prefs plugin, which keeps 20 snapshots of your preferences, from the past few minutes all the way back to several months. Here are my snapshots:

RackMultipart2019052265856fxaq-80f30bc2-8989-4272-8b15-7a82999bd9cd-831254683.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John’s plug-in have saved me on several times already. Worth checking it whether Adobe fixes this issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today the white balance keyboard short cut is performing tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR Classic on Windoze 10 and after booting back up this last time (9-22-19) I tried to auto adjust a photo I had made a JPG copy of.  Instead of Ctrl-U doing that, it now seems to be taking me to my user export preset for making Instagram files each time.  Any ideas?

Huh.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the shortcut CTRL+U is taking you to Export preset menu instead of auto adjusting the image. 

Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom Classic you're using? To verify the version you're using : Choose Help > System Info.

I tested the same at my end and Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 does "auto settings" when using CTRL+U shortcut.

To troubleshoot, could you please restore Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preference...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After upgrading to 9.1 the default Ctrl + U command is not working. Instead it shows a filtering with 'unflagged photos' and 'labeled custom'.

Is there any way to have a working shortcut to auto tone?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which module are you in???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this on my Windows computer with Lr 9.1, and Ctrl + U works.

Pressing just U removes the flag from an image.

Have you tried using the other Ctrl key? If that doesn't work, I would try resetting the preferences.

With Lightroom closed, click the shortcut to launch it, and then immediately press and hold Alt + Shift until a dialog appears.

Click Reset preferences to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, reset fixed it. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing this problem occasionally. Not just glitching to "Export", also "Burn on Disc".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your installed Lightroom Version number?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.2, latest. Running on Win10 Home 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences.

Reset Procedure:
1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Does the shortcut issue continue after resetting the preferences?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier - I was in the middle of moving back to my home country, and didn't have time.

So - the thing with this issue is that it isn't a permanent mishap with the keyboard shortcut; rather, it's something where the Ctrl+Shift+S shortcut will change its function seemingly randomly during a working session.

A restart of the application will in fact just fix it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It's a matter of finding out why it happens at all, and making sure it doesn't happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Rikk's suggestion of resetting preferences? LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. (The preferences file stores much more than the options you've set in LR preferences -- it stores detailed information about the state of the application.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there - I'm terribly sorry to be replying so late. I hadn't noticed your reply, and I had come back to report another anomaly. I will try Rikk's solution - although I'm worried it will mess with my other custom preferences, so I hope nothing goes wrong.

I wanted to note that, in my current Lr Classic session as I'm writing, hitting Ctrl+Shift+S changes the currently open photo's Process Version to Version 2, for some reason. I am beyond baffled at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article explains how to restore your previous settings if resetting them doesn't help:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you have an AMD Radeon graphics card, its ReLive utility grabs the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + C. Either uninstall the utility or change/disable that shortcut:
https://defkey.com/amd-radeon-relive-shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate