• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7R IV ARW files still not importing into Lightroom 10.2?

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using lightroom with my Nikon Camera and everything has been working great. Yesterday I upgraded to the Sony A7RIV and had a photoshoot yesterday. Today when I went to upload the photos it says they're not supported. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. Mine says The file could not be found.  I have Mac OS Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the entire LR window showing that message, which will help us narrow down the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please copy/paste the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19041
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2.3 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 16295.6 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16295.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 885.1 MB (5.4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1065.3 MB
GDI objects count: 685
USER objects count: 1894
Process handles count: 1510
Memory cache size: 0.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.2 [ 738 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 288MB / 8147MB (3%)
Camera Raw real memory: 140MB / 16295MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce 845M (21.21.13.6909)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of possibilities:

1. Your screenshots show you're importing from an ILCE-7RM4A (Sony a7R IV a), which LR might be treating as a different camera than the a7R IV.  LR / Camera Raw usually do treat model updates as new cameras, requiring a new release of LR / Camera Raw.   

Dpreview.com hasn't yet posted any samples for the new camera, so upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see if it imports into other LR configurations.

2. The screenshots also show you are importing via USB cable, rather than a card reader.  LR has infrequent but recurring issues with using USB cables.  Try using a card reader or, if you don't have one, use Windows File Explorer to copy a few of the raw files from the camera to your desktop, and then import from the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attached below the screenshots. As you can see it's previewing the files just not importing them. And all my Adobe apps are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here : I have the latest Sony A7RIV (ILCE-7rm4a). When I apply the "Camera Portrait" profile on the desktop (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Version 5.4, Version 20220607-0605-ab0d72), this woerks just fine. But when I try to edit the phot on my iPhone (Lightrom 7.4.2) an error message is displayed saying that the profile is missing and a default profile is applied. Why are the desktop and mobile profiles consistently updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@fbourdoncle, this is the Lightroom Classic forum it’s better to post your discussion in the Lightroom ecocentric (Cloud-Based) forum.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines