• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soon to be overseas with no cell or email access - how to ensure access to apps?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going on a photography trip where I will have no access, whatsoever, to email or cell phone.  Last time I went this remote ADOBE shut me down - I was unable to use any ADOBE products... which was a real problem since I was on a photography "safari".  How do I keep this nightmare from happening for my upcoming trip?  Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your subscription purchased in the U.S. or Europe, or Aisa, including the OZ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription purchased in the US.  Not sure what you mean by OZ.  I use only the desktop / laptop based apps for obvious reasons, primarily lightroom, photoshop and camera RAW.  Thats about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USA 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂  I presume @GoldingD  refers to OZ as Australia (where I am.)

Adobe does have an 'offline' policy-

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Where the important quote is-

*In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period. Note that the grace period may vary from 5 days to 30 days, depending on your subscription status, type of commitment, billing status, and how you purchased your software (directly from Adobe or via a third-party retailer).

So if you pay your subscription 'Monthly' then you may only get 5 days!

If you pay 'Annually' then the offline allowance is more generous.
"After 30 days + 99 days, one final offline product launch is available."
You MUST stay 'Signed In' to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App,  ie. NEVER 'Sign Out'.

You MUST never change the time Clock of your travel laptop.

It is advised to- On the DAY before you travel,  Sign-Out and Sign-In with the CC Desktop App, which apparently will 'reset' the start day for an offline experience.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating a key piece of information for emphasis

You MUST stay 'Signed In' to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App,  ie. NEVER 'Sign Out'.

So ...

DO NOT SIGN OUT

DO NOT SIGN OUT

DO NOT SIGN OUT

DO NOT SIGN OUT

I hope this is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is clear. Thank you- but it is opposite of what others have said. Humm. I'm so confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, you have an annual subscription and will be back within 99 days, here is why: The Creative Cloud software verifies the account status on Adobe servers once a day. If the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last verification happens, the software status refreshes to run for at least 99 days offline with an annual subscription. Month to month, much less!

A  day before going 'off line', launch LR to update this. 

NOTE: Even if you go off your subscription (more than 99 days), all your modules will still work except Develop and Maps. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your using liveroom classic you can use it with out the internet but if you are using the cloud base version you will need to make lightroom cloud base you can amke them off line so when you do come back on to the internet you then send them back to cloud adn the edits will be up to date but if you want to have full access I recommend lightroom classic because you can access it with or with out internet connection but make before you go you are logged in to your adobe account and have checked it before you go.

hope that helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  
I am using Lightroom classic with an annual subscription. 

I am confused about what appears to be conflicting info. 

A few respondents have said in big bold print, do not sign out, ever. Do not change your clock.

vs this advice 

"It is advised to- On the DAY before you travel,  Sign-Out and Sign-In with the CC Desktop App, which apparently will 'reset' the start day for an offline experience."

which is accurate?  So confused 🥴

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to log in then out. You only need to launch the product once (per day) to refresh the activation for the next 99 days with a yearly subscription.

If you are connected to the Internet and log out then in, no issue either. Log in is key! As outlined: do NOT log out!!!

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer. You do not need to log out and back in, that is just a way to feel more secure it registered today as the last day it saw the servers. Make sure to also open Lightroom if you do this after loggin out and back in. Simple mantra is to NEVER quit the creative cloud app and never log out of your adobe account in the creative cloud app. Just keep it running. It will then aallow you to keep running CLassic for the grace period if you don't have an internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would login because then when you come back to internet connection you can then return the imges to the cloud but if it is on lightroom classic they will be on your laptop and in lightroom classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines