• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort function in my Lightroom Classic 12.3 is not working correctly

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I call all images, I can sort by date taken and the result is correct. But if I preselect by a specific keyword, the images are unsorted even though the sort function says by date taken. If I call up all images and search specifically for this date, only one image is displayed, although there should be 16 images. In the Exif data, the date of capture is entered correctly for all 16 images. I do not know what to do! Who can help?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are choosing 'Capture Time' in the Grid view of Library.

I just tried this on my LrC 10.2 and it worked.

1. Select All Photographs
  2. Select Grid View
  3. Choose Sort by 'Rating' (just to clear any previous sort)
  4. Choose by Sort by 'Capture Time'. This sorts everything correctly.
  5. In Library Filter (At the top) Choose Text->Text=Keywords, 'Contain All', 'bird' (Are you using the Filter above the Film Strip)
  6. This brings back a grid view order by Capture Time which is also part of my filenames.

Are you doing something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was that I photographed slides and tried to set the recording date of these photographed images manually. This is where errors occurred. How could you do that, that you do not only set the recording date to 1995, for example, but also a folder with 1995 is formed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the capture date for your photos by default would be the date you photographed the slides. I have the same issue with scanned images.

Here's a link to an article that will give you some insight https://www.lightroomqueen.com/change-exif-dates/

Personally, I use EXIFTOOL to make changes to scanned images. This allows me to:

• Change the capture date/time. Sometimes this is a best guess.
  • Change the make and model of the image from the scanner (or your camera) to that of the original camera you shot the slide with.
  • Record information about the slide film used and anything else in the User Comment field. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.3, Windows 10

I am not experiencing this issue. What is your operating system? Can you go through your actions, step-by-step, in detail, leaving nothing out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My problem was that I photographed slides and tried to set the recording date of these photographed images manually."

Take a look at the LensTagger Lightroom plugin. You can change the as shot date, camera, lens, etc.

https://www.lenstagger.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines