Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spam Lightroom Wordpress emails

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since i installed photoshop i receive 40/50 mails/per day from wordpress.org about installing Lightroom things. i don't even use lightroom. it's super annoying because i don't know how to stop it. can somebdy help me please? thank you guys

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install Photoshop?

Do you have a subscription to an Adobe Photography Plan?

Did you download from Adobe? (Any other site will be a scam or virus infested).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did everything from Adobe and i have a monthly subscription of 12,29 euros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wordpress is a Website builder program, not associated with Adobe in any way TBMK.

I can only suggest that you subscribed (coincidently with Photohshop install) somehow to Wordpress to be getting their emails.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I've used WordPress for years and never known them to send out bulk emails like this. WordPress blogs can install plugins that interact with Lightroom and Photoshop, but it would still be unusual for a legitimate plugin author to spam users. Can you post a screenshot of one of the emails you received? Maybe I can help or direct you to a WordPress resource that can.

Regards,

Dale 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that the e-mail is actually from wordpress.org. Have you looked at the properties of the from address? Not just what is first displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines