Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Catalog will not open

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I am trying to open one specific catalog but Lightroom does not seem to be able to launch it. All of my other catalogs work except for this one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled LR a few times now as well as restarted my computer a bunch. Adobe acts like it is starting up but then it never actually opens this catalog. Any advice? I really do not want to start fresh with this catalog because I have almost half of the gallry edited so far!!

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.52.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand the column and post another screen shot so we can check the full file names? Did you rename the catalog or was it a straight export catalog from a master catalog? Did you make a backup of this catalog? Where are your original files stored? All of your edits should have been written to the xmp files. You could re-export to a separate location - another drive for example and then replace the XMP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Is that .LOCK file always present even when not trying to open the Catalog?

Lock.jpg 

This would prevent the Catalog from opening, but would normally show an error message.

The Lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened - lrcat.loc...

2) Can I suggest to Rename ALL the files associated with this Catalog so as to replace the + with & or an underscore.

The + character is considered an "illegal character" by Lr-Classic and is possibly causing the problem.

Illegal.jpg

How do I find and move or rename my catalog? | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see  in your screenshot, that LrC is reading the preference file. Does  it ever complete that step? The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines