• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spine in Book Module

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done dozens of hardcover books and had them printed at Blurb with great success. 

In the past the thickness of the spine was always the right size in that it would vary with the number of pages. I have been able to adjust the font sizes used based on how thick the Book Module would show the spine would be--the more pages in the book, the larger the font size could be; the fewer the pages, the smaller the font sized would need to be. It always worked. Except now it doesn't. And what happens?

I just got a book back from Blurb and the spine is about twice as big as it should be, based on the number of pages in the book. This just ain't right.

This is what the book spine looks like in LrC Book Module

DRoeder_1-1696887452939.png

This is what the book looks like from the side, showing the spine and pages:

DRoeder_2-1696887614206.png

That don't look right. And something tells me Blurb would tell me they just printed what was uploaded. I'm not sure what I would change in LrC Book to fix it (and be confident that it would work).

Is it a bug in LrC or a problem at Blurb? My guess is it's a bug in LrC. I went back to the last book I printed (about a year ago) to see what font sizes I used (it was one of the smaller hardcover book I have done). Now in the Book Module shows extra white space where the spine is. It didn't look this way when I created the book. There was no white space in the spine. Who would create a book with a spine that looked like that?

DRoeder_0-1696887066526.png

Here is the book that was printed--no white space on the spine and the spine is just the right size.

DRoeder_3-1696888025370.png

I sure would llike to see this fixed.

Dan Roeder

LrC 12.5

Operating system: Mac OS 13
Version: 13.5.2 [22G91]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D Roeder,

Thanks for reporting this. However we are not able to reproduce the issue internally.

Could you please give us more details like, book type, size, papertype, cover style you are using.

Or kindly share the catalog which has these books. This would help us to investigate further.

Thanks,

Vidhya S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying.

The book is a Standard Landscape, Hardcover Image Wrap, Premium Luster paper, 106 pages. 

Like I said above, I've never had a hardcover book come back with the spine so much bigger than the number of pages.

Regards,

Dan Roeder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

In your reply, you asked for the catalog. I know how to create a catalog of just the book's collection, but which checkboxes should I check (Export negative files, Build/include Smart Previews, Include available previews)? 

I have done a test of creating a catalog of the collection and it is 5.71 Gb. The RAW files are over 5 Gb. Maybe I don't check Export negative files, check Smart Previews, check Include available previews? The catalog is over 70 MB, so I can attach it here, so how do I get it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines