• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinng Wheel on Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the spinning wheel everytime I launch my Lightroom Classic app. I then have to force quite to exit and it takes a minute to close. This is making my whole computer slow - I can't even empty the bin.... please help.

Version of the app -  12.0.1

Platform and OS version - Mac Book Air M1 2020 (has more than enough space available

Basic steps to reproduce the problem - Have updated OS and updated to the latest Lightroom classic..

Expected result and actual result - can't use my lightroom, the spinning wheel pops up straight away making me have to force quite.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need more info to help you with this.

Please share a screenshot of the spinning wheel you see. Is this the spinning wheel you see? 

SameerK_1-1668609846547.png

Are you experiencing this on a personal or IT-managed company/work machine?

Try these steps:

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam

i have tried the above steps and I'm still getting the spinning wheel when opening the app. This is a personal computer. 

see below I couldn't lock it in key chain. 

also attached is a screen shot of the spinning wheel. 

thanks

sadah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to export the wheel takes over and my Lightroom freezes. See photo where it says lightroom Not responding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing these details. I assumed you were seeing the Activation-related blue spinning wheel.

You're experiencing a performance hiccup, casually known as the 'beachball.'

We can work our way through this. What version of macOS are you working on? Where is the Lightroom Catalog stored? On the internal drive or an external drive?

To troubleshoot, go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto.

You can also follow the steps in this article to understand how Lightroom leverages your computer's hardware & software to best suit the way you need it to perform: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let me know how it goes from here,
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of the app -  12.0.1

Platform and OS version - Mac Book Air M1 2020

I think the cataloge is stored internally! 

it was on Auto, I've switched to off in previous steps and it doesn't help..🙃

What next please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the titanium link but this didn't help fix the problem 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue, I can't even access the preferences menu to try the solutions below because it's so bricked up ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines