• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot removal in LRC 11.4 not showing the source point

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running LRC 11.4 on a M1 Mac under Monterey 12.4. Using the spot removal tool on a JPEG or NEF images no longer shows the source point and is therefore unusable. I'm also having great trouble with local (brush) adjustments (say brightness) now that such corrections are apparently integrated with masking. Is there a definitive guide on how this now works?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press keyboard [H] to check if the overlay guide is visible.

And how is the 'Tool Overlay' set on the Tool Bar?

Rob_Cullen_0-1655839524424.png

The Brush Tool still works as it always has, but is now included in the 'Masking' group of tools.

2021-10 LrC Masking Reimagined

2021-10 MASKING TOOL Oct2021 (J Kost)

And many forum reports illustrate a problem when the Brush appears to be having a Global adjustment on the image.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-local-adjustment-masking-sliders-are-...

Local Adjustments USER GUIDE - Brush Gradients Filters - Classic

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, thank you. Changing the tool overlay setting to Always restored the spot removal source point. My problem with the local brush adjustments is the same as that others have described in the links you provided, global changes instead of local when an adjustment is made. No doubt a fix will be forthcoming. Thanks. Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix is necessary - see https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-local-adjustment-masking-sliders-are-...

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Can I respectfully suggest that if Adobe must make changes to tools that everyone uses all the time they take their customers along with them in an informed way. For example, I've been using LRC for many years but I've never had to change the Tool Overlay setting to see the source point for Spot Removal. I see the value of integrating local adjustments with masks, akin to features in Procreate, but unless you use keyboard shortcuts it can be less than obvious how to do things. I've lived and learnt. On the positive side, the subject mask inversion feature is a delight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tool Overlay options are not new. They have been around for many years. You probably just hit the wrong key by mistake.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The default option is auto. The source point for spot removal did not show until I set it to always. That was new for me, I was aware of the options. Thanks. Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines