• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spots still pop through after Using Mask to reduce exposure in an area.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large area of black in the photos that I produce at work.

I used to be able to brush on a reduced exposure mask and that would easily take care of any spots in the field of black.

In the current version, after performing this edit, the white spots now PERSIST through the masking, and so I still have to use the clone tool for spot removal/correction.

Am I missing something?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

I guess the "Auto Mask" feature is much more precise in this newer version of LRC.  I turned it off, and that solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

One problem sometimes found: incomplete coverage if brushing uses the Auto Mask option (edit: ah, I see you found that)

Also, many of the current PV tonal adjustments are good at separating tones up into the near-whites, but have little effect on a 100% pure white tone. So it may be worth reviewing which adjustments are being applied by this Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue/design limitation. The official workaround is to apply the spot/heal tool before the sky or subject masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the "Auto Mask" feature is much more precise in this newer version of LRC.  I turned it off, and that solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem sometimes found: incomplete coverage if brushing uses the Auto Mask option (edit: ah, I see you found that)

Also, many of the current PV tonal adjustments are good at separating tones up into the near-whites, but have little effect on a 100% pure white tone. So it may be worth reviewing which adjustments are being applied by this Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, and I appreciate the response.  I responded above to my post about the Auto Mask option, and found that it solved my issue!

After I asked "Am I missing something?" I sat here looking at LRC trying to figure it out, considering how long I have been using it.  I noticed Auto Mask check box, and bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines