• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star Rating

Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't apply a star rating to an image, IF I have the Adjustment Brush open. Normal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably. How are you trying to apply a STAR rating to the image (what exact steps)? Why would you have to do this while brushing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just completed sharpening using Adjustment Brush. AB is still "open" just no brushing is being done. The image is selected and hit 5 to give it a star rating of 5. It will not apply that rating unless I first close the Adjustment Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that some keystrokes mean different things during brushing than when you are not brushing. 

My philosophy (or mindset) is that I never apply metadata in the Develop Module anyway. Maybe that philosophy would help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because when you're using the Adjustment Brush, 5 sets its flow to 50.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing a number key with the adjustment brush open will affect the the Flow slider. 1=10, 2=20, and so on.

You can also type a value, like 95.

To set a star rating, you have to go to Photo > Set rating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all...that explains it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines