• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still can’t find answer...external hard drive files to show in LrC on new computer

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only stored all Lightroom Classic images on an external hard drive ( I have the subscription).  I have a new computer and when I installed LRC there and had my hard drive plugged in I assumed I would be able to see all of the photos stored there in my library but I don't.  My purchased presets are gone too. 

I read somewhere that you have to save all of Lightroom and then put it on the new computer.  I don't know how to to do that and really just want to save things on my external drive and not bog down my new computer's hatd drive.  If I save it all, then I'd have to save it on my external hard drive?

Obviously not techie and am dying to edit new photos but don't want to screw things up on in Lightroom now with a new computer so I wait to get previous edits accesible in the library/catalog until I know what to do.  Read posts about switching to a new computer, hard drive recognition- but they don't seem the same since I only have an external hard drive with my images from Lightroom.

Thank you for step by step help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step-by-Step Instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Follow the steps EXACTLY as written.

Do not make up steps that are not in these instructions. Do not skip steps (unless they clearly don't apply such as moving from Windows to Mac).

Pay careful attention to step 6, which says do not import your photos. If you're not sure what that means, it means do not import your photos, which would be the wrong thing and also makes things worse. It links to instructions on how to make drives appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines