• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still cant open LRC

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I'm really stumped. I have PS and LRC installed on my iMac OS catalina 10.15.7 I used LRC some years ago but stopped as PS was sufficient. I now want to tether my camera and use LRC in my studio. I downloaded all the latest updates and all I get when I try to open LRC is the pink mountains for about 2 seconds. I read a few things about dumping some files but they dont exist on my system. I was going to upgrade to Mac OS Big Sur but following previous updates I get myself into another world of trouble with other things not working!. Would going to Big Sur sort the problem?. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled LRC but still the same. Any ideas?

Thanks Glenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess its the latest 10.3. I cant open it so i'm not to shore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a few things about dumping some files but they dont exist on my system.

By that, do you mean the lock file?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. thats the one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to imagine a new operating system will fix the problem, although we still need to know the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic.

Try resetting Lightroom Classic's preference file: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I went through all that and still the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app installed and signed into your Adobe ID? That is needed to search for updates which may be available. The app will also show what version is installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this time, I would run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, and then re-install.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines