• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stockage physique LOCAL dans lightroom classic, en double ou comme bridge ?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'utilise depuis des années photoshop et camera raw ( Imac ).

10 000 photos TIF sont stockées sur des disques dur externes et classés, triés dans des dossiers

Je souhaite maintenant changer ma façon de travailler et utiliser ligthroom classic, mais en faisant

des essais j'ai vu qu'il créé un nouveau dossier IMPORTATION dans lightroom ??  

-  Est-ce toujours le cas, comment puis-je l'éviter en restant en local ?

-  J'ai essayé Bridge qui lui ne créé pas de dossier importation.

Mon but serait de continuer de travailler dans photoshop et Camera Raw, mais d'utiliser en plus un utilitaire Adobe de gestion de ressources et classement au lieu du finder de Apple. Et même d'utiliser lightroom classic serait un plus, mais sans augmenter ma capacité de stockage !!

- De ce fait ma question : Lightroom classic va-t-il augmenter ma capacité de stockage local ?

merci pour votre réponse

André

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

If you import your files into Lightroom Classic using one of the 'Copy' options, then it will duplicate the original files and copy them to a new folder. However, if you use the 'Add' option for import, then Lightroom Classic will simply reference the original file in its original folder. So, in your case the best option is 'Add' rather than 'Copy'.

Regarding your question 'Will Lightroom classic increase my local storage capacity?'. I suspect you actually mean reduce local storage capacity. A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you import your files into Lightroom Classic using one of the 'Copy' options, then it will duplicate the original files and copy them to a new folder. However, if you use the 'Add' option for import, then Lightroom Classic will simply reference the original file in its original folder. So, in your case the best option is 'Add' rather than 'Copy'.

Regarding your question 'Will Lightroom classic increase my local storage capacity?'. I suspect you actually mean reduce local storage capacity. Again, the option that doesn't impact on your storage capacity is to import using 'Add' as doesn't create a copy of each file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot  and hve a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such this answer. But under Lightroom 6 we could import directly all the folders, under-folders and theirs files at one single time. How to do the same with Lightroom classic when we have, as kenya-safari, hundreds folders and some tens of thousands pictures files. It is properly impossible to create a collection (bibliotheque) importing each file, one by one. A solution ? Thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea why you've dragged up and post from over a year back that's unrealted to your issue. I suggest you start a new thread and provide more details as to what import from folders in Lightroom Classic can't do that Lightroom 6 can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines