• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop showing radial gradient outline on mouseover

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've made a radial gradient mask, and I want to toggle it on and off by clicking the eye so I can see the effect. But each time I hover the mouse to click the eye, the entire radial gradient outline with adjustment points pops up. I don't want to edit the thing, just make it invisible! I could probably click the eye then move the mouse somewhere else, but that's not as useful as being able to toggle rapidly to view a subtle effect. 

Lightroom Classic 11.1, Mac Catalina 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Thanks for the reply. I had it on Auto Show, which shows the gradient edit points when I mouse over the mask. Never Show isn't what I need either, since sometimes I do want to edit the mask. 

I stumbled on the solution, and that is to mouse over the mask, in this case radial gradient, and when the editing wireframe pops up, press the Esc key. The mask editing frame disappears showing only the mask's effect. Then you can toggle that on and off with the eye. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help!

Lightroom Classic allows customizing the user interface to be helpful, and you can choose to hide or disable tool overlays by following these steps:

• In the main menu on top, Tools > Tool Overlay (highlighted yellow) > Select 'Never Show' (Keyboard Shortcut - H) to altogether disable the tool overlay. You can also choose Auto Show, Show Selected & Always Show.
  • In the main menu on top, Tools > Mask Overlay (highlighted green) to change the mode of color overlay & other overlay settings. You can also use keyboard shortcut O to disable and enable color overlay.

SameerK_0-1645540887960.png

We hope this helps!

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I had it on Auto Show, which shows the gradient edit points when I mouse over the mask. Never Show isn't what I need either, since sometimes I do want to edit the mask. 

I stumbled on the solution, and that is to mouse over the mask, in this case radial gradient, and when the editing wireframe pops up, press the Esc key. The mask editing frame disappears showing only the mask's effect. Then you can toggle that on and off with the eye. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines