• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Syncing a Collection AND Remove from "All Synced Photographs"

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I primarily use Lightroom Classic on my desptop, but also use the mobile versions on my iPhone and iPad. There are times that I choose to sync a collection from my desktop to the cloud, perhaps to show family and friends. When I want to stop syncing a collection, I try to click on the icon to the left of the collection that shows that it is synced. I want to uncheck it so that it is no longer synced. However, I get a messagage that says the collection will be removed "but the photos will remain..." I don't want the photos to remain. If they are not a part of any other synced collection, I want the photos removed from the could and not remain a part of "All Synced Photographs."

As an example of how I feel this should work, if I delete a photo from a synced collection on my desktop, it gives me the option to remove the photo from "All Synced Photographs" if it is not a part of any other synced collection. This is the option I want when I choose to stop syncing an entire collection and not just delete individual photos. I want to keep the collection on my desktop in Lightroom Classic as it is... I just don't want it available in the cloud anymore. Rather than say "the photos will remain" when I uncheck the sync icon, why can I not get a dialoge asking me if I also want to remove the photos from "All Synced Photos" if they are not a part of any other synced collection? Why do I get this choice if a delete a photo from a collection buy not when I choose to stop syncing an entire collection?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One workaround I found is to right click on a synced collection and choose "Duplicate Collection." This gives me a new collection with "Copy" appended to the name having all the same photos but not synced. I then right click on the synced collection and choose "Delete." Now I get a dialogue that makes sense, giving the option of keeping the files in the cloud in "All Synced Photographs" or not. I should get this option when I choose to stop syncing, not just if I delete. After I delete the synced collection, I then go back and rename the duplicated collection to be the original name by removing "Copy" from the end. I sholdn't have to do it this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines