• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STOP UPDATING LIGHTROOM CLASSIC!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOUR UPDATES ARE NOT WELCOME! THEY ARE KILLING WORKFLOW AND PRODUCTION!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP DOWNLOADING UPDATES!

You are just making yourself unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is making their customers unhappy with never ending updates! I myself
will begin building new versions of Lightroom and photoshop and sell them
for 30.00 flat fee, just to get the satisfaction of putting Adobe in its
place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what operating system you are using or what experience you have had with Lightroom Classic. I'm using Windows 10, and have installed every update and upgrade that has been offered and have had no problems with any of them. So I don't know what problems or difficulties you are experiencing. If you don't want the updates that come along then don't install them. It really is that simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used every version of Lightroom for years. What had me upset was
that CC updated about half my entire Adobe Suit at once, effectively
killing my PC for hours, at the same time Windows 10 hit the same work
station with 2 updates. All of this right in the middle of processing 1000
photos I needed by lunch today. I am tired of Adobe shoving updates down
our throat when we have an application open and running. A simple bool
variable in the code could check if you are working and respect your
clients. I can't be the only person that pays Adobe monthly and would like
some respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have control over when to update. If you are in the middle of a project - it's unwise to quit the application and run an update. The update can't run if you have the app open.

And as others have mentioned - If you have your settings to Auto-update you  give up that control. In addition to turning Off Auto-update for your  creative cloud apps you may want to turn  it off on Windows as well. That way you can decide if the release has enough bug fixes or new features to warrant updating. Auto-update as you've experienced doesn't have any other intelligence behind it. It simply updates the software and almost always causes  problems with other applications that have their own separate release cycle - they are never in sync because they are different companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is no longer optimized, after their updates spot healing is now
lagging out again, like it used to before they fixed it. The simple fact is
that they do not need to update software that is old versions, except when
it is relevant to Operating System Compatibility. It takes years to learn
to use all of these Applications, as it is. If I have to pay monthly I want
it my way, not their way. I have already found the source code for
replacement software and am looking at changing the code to give me all the
features of both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> If I have to pay monthly I want it my way, not their way.

So disable auto-updates in Creative Cloud and Windows and you'll have it your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have Auto update turned on in the CC desktop app.

Click the cog wheel top right to open preferences, and disable it in the Apps tab.

CC-auto-update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And go to the Windows Update settings and turn off the auto-updates there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this not end the notifications and updates from other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also frustrate since moving to lightroom CC. At evey update I lose my preferences: the import is back on the C drive wen I set it to be to an external drive. My bacatlog backup changes back to the C drive  when I back it up on a different drive (having the catalog and the backup on the same volume is not what i want!)  with the latest update , the catalog format has changed so we need another conversion. During this conversion the procedure expects the default name for the catalog but this name has already  been changed at one of the last V10 update. I do not want constant changes. It is not a toy but a production tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable Auto-update (A-u) as demonstrated in screenshot by Per Bernsten above. With A-u disabled you should find that  a dialog appears at start of manual update process asking whether you wish to keep the old preferences or remove them. You should choose to keep them. Typically, double dot updates (e.g. 10.1.1) keep the old preferences file by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't react such old threads.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines