• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

storage migration

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to transfer 20TB of stored photos from a 12-year-old Drobo to a new Synology NAS. My LR Catalog has more than 500,000 pics in it. Any advice on how to best accomplish this migration with Mac OS?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would choose Option#2 in this blog article-

MOVING PHOTOS- 2 Methods

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently had the experience of moving terabyte of image files for a professional photographer friend. I found out after hours of work that Mac Finder does not copy all files to the new destination when copying folders. Staying in Lightroom Classic is the way to do it taking small chunks of folders at a time.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines