• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage on mac

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please can you help. I am new to lightroom classic and have just bought a macbook air M2 500GB. My photos are stored in my pictures folder but some of the edited files are taking up a lot of room. Now I have already used 170 GB storage on mac with 1600 photos. What would you suggest I do as soon I will have no storage left? Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You copy the photos to an external HD, using your operating system, without changing the folder hierarchy and without changing the location of the photo files within the folder hierarchy; and then point Lightroom Classic to the new location of the photos. Please follow the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document. Once this has been successfully completed, and you have verified that everyhing in Lightroom Classic is workign properly, you can delete the photo files on the internal drive.

New photos that you will take in the future should be imported into Lightroom Classic directly onto the external drive. Do not put them on the internal drive (unless the external drive is not attached, like perhaps if you are travelling)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines