• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storing Lightroom Catalog in OneDrive corrupts catalog

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and installed Lightroom Classic 11.1 on it. I store my Lightroom catalogs in OneDrive in a folder set to always be downloaded to my computer so that I can sync my Lightroom catalogs between my desktop and laptop. This has worked flawlessly between two Windows computers up to Lightroom Classic 10, but when I use the same setup with my MacBook running Lightroom Classic 11, the catalog and helper files are corrupted. Sometimes they are repairable and sometimes they are not. The most common error I receive is an error involving the preview cache. My theory is that OneDrive attempting to upload files to the cloud while they are still open in Lightroom corrupts the files.

Important to note is that I'm not sure if this is an issue caused by the upgrade to Lightroom Classic 11 or because of using macOS instead of Windows. I have not yet installed Lightroom Classic 11 on Windows so I can't confirm that the behavior is reproduced there.

Version: Lightroom Classic 11.1

Build: 202112022200-7fd1f998

Platform: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) M1 Max

OS Version: macOS 12.1

Reproduction Steps: Place Lightroom catalog in OneDrive folder and set to always keep on device. Use Lightroom as normal and generate some thumbnails and previews. Restart Lightroom. You will likely find a preview cache error.

Expected Result: Lightroom functions as normal and catalog is synced to the cloud.

Actual Result: Catalog files are corrupted.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. When you run Lightroom Classic in your Macbook, at the time of opening the catalog for the first time, did you get any error messages regarding files corruption? Try to open a new catalog and then try importing the corrupted catalog into it.

You may also check this article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-corrupt-catalog.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines