• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storing photos in OneDrive Sync folder - LR metadata updates seems to confuse OD?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 60,000 photos that are on a local HDD that is sync'd to OneDrive (on Win10).  I have what seems like an odd problem that may be OneDrive related, but not sure.  OneDrive is currently fully synchronized - so not an upload bandwidth issue.  If I go into LR Classic CC (current version) and update the keywords on 100 files (likely in multiple subfolders), then store the metadata back into the JPG files, OneDrive starts to synch them to the cloud.  Often what then happens is that it will get to one of the subfolders that these 100 files were in and it will get stuck on 6 or 7 files.  It will sit for hours.

The best solution I have figured out is to:

1) Pause OneDrive (and stop making changes in LR)

2) Use File Explore in windows to copy the entire subfolder in question from Pictures/FOLDER to Pictures/FOLDER-COPY

3) Delete Pictures/FOLDER

4) Restart OneDrive.  This will then fix the problem in OneDrive, it sync's fine now

5) Use File Explorer to rename FOLDER-COPY to FOLDER when OneDrive is caught up

6) at this point LR is fine as well.

So this works fine, but is a major pain in the ***.  Do others have this problem?  Any thoughts on other ways to fix this?

Thanks

D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your description it would seem that OneDrive is struggling to keep up with changed files in subfolders or can't work across multiple subfolders while syncing. Have you tried storing all of the photos in a single folder or subfolder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any unusual characters in your keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.  1)  Putting all the photos in 1 folder would be a big problem for me.  So I haven't tried that.  I think the issue is that I change 100 files in one fast sitting (eg, 10 minutes) and that gums up OD. 

2) There are no unusual characters in any of the keywords, just family names. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Catalog Settings / Metadata tab what are your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tony - thanks for the interest.  I am traveling for a few days but will check my settings when I get back to LR.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines