Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange CR3 previews in Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.
I'm editing CR3 files for the first time in LR Classic.  It's the latest version, and I'm running Mac osx 12.5.1 on a new iMac Pro 27" (2022).

Something strange started to happen on the second day of editing. When I select a photo that I have already edited it takes about a second for it to apply the develop settings.  Sometimes it won't even do it until I zoom in. 

Just to be clear, the develop settings are all correct, but the preview takes a second to show up properly.  And it's not showing me a resetted raw version of the image until the corrected preview appears, it's an overexposed version of the edit.  Very strange.  So when I'm looking at the row of thumbnails at the bottom they all look way overexposed until I select an image and wait a second.  

Then the moment I move to another photo, the thumbnail and image both go back to the overexposed preview.

Anyone else having this problem?  Resintalled LR Classic, reset all the settings, palyed with the performace settings, and still have the same problem.

Any advice will save the day.  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more info please

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I included everythign because there wasn't much about plugins and thought it might be useful in case there's one in there that is known to be buggy.

Lightroom Classic version: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-CA
Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.5.1 [21G83]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.8GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32,768.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2,414.2 MB (7.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 39,892.7 MB
Memory cache size: 190.9MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.5 [ 1177 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 211MB / 16383MB (1%)
Camera Raw real memory: 444MB / 32768MB (1%)
Displays: 1) 4096x2304, 2) 3840x2160

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT

Init State: 5
User Preference: 0

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Volumes/DRP 20-1/DRP 20/DRP 09 2021/JOBS/2872 PEARL JAM/RAW/_PJ-2871/_PJ-2871.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/dustinrabin/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Export to Photomatix Pro
4) Facebook
5) Flickr
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
7) Perfect Resize

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Library Path: /Volumes/DRP 20-1/DRP 20/DRP 09 2021/JOBS/2872 PEARL JAM/RAW/_PJ-2871/_PJ-2871.lrcat

This might just be a non issue with your desired name for a hard drive, but DRP, sounds a bit like a NAS. So just to check and not assume, is this a hard drive in or connected to your MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an external usb 3 drive, but we also tried moving tghe raw files to my Mac HD but it didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, nothing in the SYS Info stands out as an issue then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines