Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling to figure out local storage between classic and CC

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using Lightroom CC for a few years and mainly edit photos on my Mac, with CC set to store a copy of all originals.

I now need to use Lightroom Classic and have followed this guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

In Classic, I clicked on Cloud Storage and set it syncing. However, Classic is now downloading a copy of all the CC originals to its own folder, so I now have two copies of all originals on my Mac. 

What's the correct way to set this up?

Thanks!

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the folders and image sizes - do they both contain originals or are there smart previews in one folder (Classic) and originals in the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all originals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are using Lightroom Classic, and synchronization is enabled, Classic is supposed to download originals from the cloud and store them where you have designated them to be stored. If you are now going to use Classic as your controlling version, it will be your task to decide which versions to retain. When/if you create collections in LrC and synchronize them they will just be smart previews that are synchronized. They will not impact your cloud storage allotment, and you can still edit them using Lightroom (the cloud version), and those edits will synchronize with LrC. What I have not certain about is, when synchronizing changes between the two programs, which version will be affected in LrC because I have never encountered that issue. I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to clarify that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
However, Classic is now downloading a copy of all the CC originals to its own folder,

The full photos? or are these the previews?

What folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines