Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Subscription and customer service issues

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Only having access to your software via subscriptions is ludicrous! I will not pay for a subscription service. I would however be willing to pay for the software of photoshop and lightroom outright like you used to do. I only would use them occasionally - maybe a couple of times a year. Subscribing to use these so infrequently makes no sense. Your software is made for artists yet you are robbing artists of their hard-earned money for this system. Bring back the old system or offer both as options. I can understand how frequent users would love the updates of the subscription but that does not cover your whole consumer base. Look I also get it that it's probably easy for people to pirate the software when it is purchased outright but there has to be other ways around that issue which does not hurt your previously loyal consumer. Taking it away completely was not a good solution. I'm back in school as a graduate student of art and I won't even pay for your student rate! It is not worth it to me. Plus where will I be in a year when I get out? Paying the full rate? Absolutely not. That price tag is even more outrageous.

I know I am not the only one who hates this system and will not pay for a subscription service. You are losing easy money. Please do the right thing and stop robbing small-timers like me by putting us in a hard place. You are taking advantage of Photoshop's and Lightroom's current status as an industry-standard all the while the still poor now middle-aged artists like myself, who by the way helped this company get to that lofty and powerful position Adobe is now in by helping each other learn how to use this software back in the early/mid-2000s in high school, are now slaves to the system as you have converted your business model into a constant drain on our fluctuating bank accounts. This system is about as corrupt as a drug dealer's business model, get them hooked, and then jack up the prices. Really it is you, Adobe leaders who are addicted, you are an addict to money and it is time to rehab this broken system before people like me, a future educator in the arts, redirect your potential followers to software that is actually obtainable for the next generation of creators. 

Please please please do the right thing and reconsider this model. Also your customer service needs improvement. Every place I tried to issue this formal complaint I was redirected to a different department or place to write it. I don't even know if this is the right place for this but here we go...

Sincerely,

Emily

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe in this forum. We are other Lightroom Classic users. You need to address your concerns to Adobe, not us. This is not the proper forum to discuss anything with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not an Adobe employee

But you can scream to the moon all you want. Adobe will absolutely ignore that. The battle to persuade Adobe from not going subscription was lost several years ago. The war was lost as well.

Adobe is seeing higher profits, Adobe is seeing larger customer numbers, Adobe no longer sees massive software piracy.

I can not prove, as searching the web does not find my suspicion. But fairly sure issue was brought to European Court, court decided their was no legal issue, in fact lack of standing.

As for those of us who have subscribed, we see updates more often, fixes more often, progress towards a better product (current MACOS M1 users will disagree, Adobe has fouled that up big time) (and v10.4 is buggy.for all)

As for expensive? Depends on economy. The Photography Plan, $120 U.S. /year, A couple of very nice dinners for two.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines