• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly canot edit or delete with LR Classic 11.3

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a puzzlement. Using Lightroom classic v11.3, updated 2 days ago.

This morning I went out and took some shots, imported them in LR and did a little editing with Luminar Flex (my utility plug in of choice) - same as I have been doing for over a year. While shooting, I also used an app called GPS Tracks on my iPhone to record my locations - same as I have done for years ever since learning about it from one of the nice folks on Uglyhedgehog.com

An hour ago, I started up LR again (after quitting and backing it up without incident before lunch) and added the GPS coordinates from the file I exported from GPS Tracks - as I have been doing for a couple of years. No problems.

But now, here's the thing: now I cannot perform any external edits with any of the tools - note the screenshot attached - everything is greyed out for some reason. So then I selected a few I don't want to delete them, and for the first time ever, I do not see the option to delete from disk, only remove from LR. So, again, WHAT??!!

Has anyone who took this latest update from Adobe had this problem perchance? I remember they introduced a bug a few updates ago where if you went to the Maps module after having imported anything, LR would just quit unexpectedly. But they did fix that an update release or two ago...and while I have previously successfully imported and then directly added GPS coordinates, as it happens this time I quite LR before lunch and after returning started it up and did the GPS stuff - then returned to the Develop module to continue the editing.

Oh, I'm running Mac Monterey 12.3.1 on an M1 MacBook Pro (13")

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Thanks for updating the post. The reason why I asked you to confirm the location of the files is that the message your screen shot shows is directly related to the images being offline. It happens all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you right-click on an image that you are having a problem editing (or deleting) and select Show in Finder? Are you working with Smart Previews or original files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying - as it happens I came to realize it was my fault...in the morning I had an extrnal drive (that I use as a scratch disk to import image files from the SD card and rename the files before moving them to my primary external drive and importing to LR - and yes I know I can rename in LR too but it doesn't offer the format I desire).

Anyway, it would seem that in the morning I imported from that scratch drive, and did a few edits and deletions there. And then Iturned that scratch drive off before going to lunch...so when i returned of course LR could not find the files on that unpowered disk.

Entirely user error - my brain fart for the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating the post. The reason why I asked you to confirm the location of the files is that the message your screen shot shows is directly related to the images being offline. It happens all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines