• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Supported Camera and Lenses

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disappointed to find that profiles to support the Canon R5 and Canon RF 70-200mm f4L IS USM lens are not included in this update. The Canon R5 is very widely used and the lens I refer to although only released a few months ago is alos a very popular choice.

Adobe's failure, so far, to fully support the Canon RF series will surely result in many difections from the Adobe Photography plan. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon R5 is supported: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Actually for a long time already, since 9.4.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my post was badly worded. There is no camera matching profile for the Canon R5, which is true of all of the R series Canon camers, except the original R which has a partial profile. This represents a massive ommision by Adobe, and demands the use of third party profiles, to get anything close to the correct colour profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is talking about camera matching profiles for the R5, not support for the camera in general.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP has a good point, Canon R5 supported since August 2020, back at v9.4, so why still no Camera Matching Profiles?

I just downloaded a sample RAW, and yes, no Camera Matching Profiles.

hmm, interesting: 

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4428091

and a most unsatisfying yet informative response from Adobe in: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-rawlightroom-classic-support-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just the R5. With exception of the EOS R, which apparently uses the same sensor as the 5D MkIV, it's all Canon  SLR and R series cameras that use the CR3 file format that don't have camera matching profile support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4428091

it is stated:

"Then I asked how come there's camera matching support for the EOS R (which also uses CR3) they admitted that they have not created any real profiles for that one, just a copy-paste from "a previous model". Likely the 5D4 due to the sensor design."

Now that is not from an Adobe employee, may be hearsay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been mentioned elsewhere that camera matching profiles will not be provided for all Canon Models. I cannot quote the exact place where I read that, but I have seen the statement. There are sources where third-party profiles can be purchased if someone is interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps:

"Note: Not all cameras will ultimately receive Camera Matching profiles. "

in:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/what-does-camera-support-mean/5f5f46...

If not, at least I just collected an additional reference on the subject of supported cameras.

Ohhh, and read:

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2020/8/what-is-going-on-with-adobe-and-canon-and-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem that this is a well worn topic, and that Adobe are seemingly disinterested. As has already been said Capture One has developed reasonable profiles, as I discovered in a trial copy. But like so many I have a well established workflow in LRc and am reluctant to abandon it for the moment.

Sadly, in my view colour matching profiles, are just one of the problems with LRc right now. The handling of noise especially at high ISO is abysmal.

Using a number of different apps that are available for trial, I have discovered that ON1 and DxO both have good noise reduction capabilities. DxO has the extra benefit of handling lens correction as well. ColorFidelity and Will Goodlet do camera matching profiles for $25 a set R5 and R6 available separately.

I remain disappointed and frustrated by Adobe's indifference, and the amount of "chatter" about this will hopefully encourage more delevopers to enter the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then put the "chatter" where Adobe will see it (which is not in this forum). Requests for new "features" and other product enhancements should go to https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872, Adobe staff actively read the comments there, but not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look, but it does seem there are plenty of people "on the case". Searches around numerous other fora, reveal little more than the Adobe statements re-iterated here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an expectation that this "chatter" will encourage Adobe (which is what you said), then you need to put the "chatter" in that forum, not this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re camera matching profiles, I've posted this link a few times https://www.jimmynordstrom.se/showpost?id=83

The will take you to a site that has free camera matching profiles for all Canon CR3 file format. I belive it's a single downlaod. From what I've red elsewhere, they can be a tad oversaturated, but that's easily fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines