• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch backup drive to replace original crashed drive in LR

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My external drive (drive A) containing photo files crashed and cannot be recovered.  That drive was backed up by another drive (drive B).  All LR catalogs are on computer with drive C.  Catalogs are fine, I know where they are, and they are also backed up on drive B.  What is the process to inform LR that drive A is dead but its replacement should be drive B?  The folder structure is similar to that of drive A (or can be made to mirror drive A).  There are 50K+ photos referenced by the catalog.  The folder structure is by year and date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LR forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question appears to apply to Lightroom-Classic, or an 'old' version of Lightroom (Perpetual)

If so-

Read the article by the Lightroom Queen-  In particular in Step#2 of "How to Fix..." the paragraph beginning "If the drive letter/name has changed, ....."

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines