• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching from Lightroom to Classic from App Store

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to switch to lightroom classic with photoshop, however I am subscribing to lightroom through the app store currently. When I cancel it takes a month before it's deactivated it seems. Is there a way around having to wait 30 days before adobe will allow me to switch the plans? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app store? The Apple App store seems to have Lightroom Mobil for iPhone, iPad. Anyway have you looked this over?

https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am trying to switch to the photography plan, apple App Store doesn’t seem to have that plan only the lightroom 1TB mobile plan which doesn’t include Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog wrote:

What app store? The Apple App store seems to have Lightroom Mobil for iPhone, iPad. Anyway have you looked this over?

https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/lightroom-mobile-faq.html

AFAIK, you can get Lightroom desktop (but not Lightroom Classic) in the Apple App Store for MacOS.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you have a subscription with lightroom through the app store, Adobe will identify this and prevent you from subscribing to another lightroom subscription through the adobe website. because the only packages that contain lightroom classic also contain lightroom, it prevents you from subscribing.

You can cancel your subscription in the app store for basic lightroom but it remains active until the expiry date, anywhere from 1 month to 1 year

im sure a phone call to adobe would sort it but the fact it resorts to this level of effort and the fact this has clearly been an issue for a couple years is whats frustrating for users. it should not be this hard to access an online product or manage a subscription

Adobe also blur the packages so its difficult at face value to truly understand if you are getting lightroom or lightroom Classic, they should be branded under different names as it seems to be a common issue just by what you see in google searches. or allow lightroom classic to be purchased without lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Part of your issue is the practice of acquiring software for Apple devices only via the Apple App Store.
  • Part of your problem is Adobe Marketing, that re-marketed the Lightroom programs, such that the traditional full capability program is now called Lightroom Classic, the lesser Lightroom,
  • Part if your problem, once again, Adobe, marketing that lesser Lightroom product as Lightroom with the abbreviation Lr, and now includes every conceivable Mobile device under the same name Lr.

Now, to separate two programs Adobe sells via subscription, that run on your computer.

• Lightroom (Lr) a.k.a Lightroom Desktop, nickname Lightroom Cloudy, (my personnel nickname Lr POS), runs on computer, uses Album stored on the Cloud, stores photos on the Cloud. Less capable, different GUI.

• Lightroom Classic (LrC), the successor of the original Adobe Photoshop Lightroom that used to be stand alone (standalone ending at v6.14). Runs on computer, uses a database, the catalog, on your computer, photos on computer by default but can be anywhere. More capable than Lr or any of the Mobil apps.

As for source. Some state the computer version of Lr is found in the Apple Store. It may or may not. I think not, those are apps for Mobile. Even if it is, the full blown Lightoom Classic is not. When you enter the Apple Store from a MACOS device (not so much from an iOS device, my bad) yes Lightroom (Cloudy) is available, but Lightroom Classic is not. Note, if searching the Apple Stire via an iPad, lots of Lr (for Mobil)

The proper way to obtain LrC, and for that matter all the Adobe CC programs is thru Adobe. You need to:

• Select an Adobe Plan
  • Subscribe, pay, for that plan, be it monthly or annually, a year commitment is required
  • You need to download and install the free Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA)
  • You then use the ACCDA to install the various app,

When you select an Adobe Plan, be aware that while a separate plan for just Lightroom (Lr) is offered, no separate plan for Lightroom Classic (LrC) is offered. Lightroom Classic is available in other bundled Plans, the most prevalent being the Photography Plan. The Phottoggraphy Plan includes PS, Lr, LrC, Bridge. You may never ever use Bridge, you might not want to use Lr again, but you will eventually wantbto be able to use PS IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want you to know tbird that its May 2023 and Adobe STILL contine to make it insanely difficult to complete such a simple task that is upgrading or buying a different product. i too thought i was using lightroom classic through the app store but suprise suprise, i guess not (great job marketing!). so yeah, still extremely difficult to tell the difference between products at a glance or before paying, still extremely difficult to upgrade to the product you want/need if you subscribed through the app store first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want you to know tbird that its May 2023 and Adobe STILL contine to make it insanely difficult to complete such a simple task that is upgrading or buying a different product. i too thought i was using lightroom classic through the app store but suprise suprise, i guess not (great job marketing!). so yeah, still extremely difficult to tell the difference between products at a glance or before paying, still extremely difficult to upgrade to the product you want/need if you subscribed through the app store first. 

By @AlexMatters

What's specifically difficult to buying a subscription of Lightroom Classic (along with Photoshop) from Adobe? 

AFAIK, there isn't an upgrade to this subscription from Lightroom Desktop. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I view the Adobe Photography Plan is, Photoshop is the main application of the bundle and this comes with Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw. Lightroom Classic is included as an alternative to Bridge / Adobe Camera Raw and the ability to share your images  with Lightroom (Desktop), Lr mobile for iPhones / Smartphones, and iPads / Tablets. This allows users of phones and tablets to capture images to store, manage and share their images online. At $9.99 per month for the bundle is a steal in my opinion.

Lightroom Classic is not marketed as an individual application.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines