• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sychronise Folder issue

Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to 11.2, and Sychronising a folder on an External f: Hdd drive (a single folder 1 level down) containing 3 video files). The scan correctly identifies that there are 3 files to synchronise. I choose not to show the import folder.

After clicking synchronise, the progress bar at top left starts to fill in. Shaortly after that, a second task starts, and my D drive (also external ssd) starts to synchronise. There are and should be no files on the D Drive in this catalog.

This is repeatable, (even after a restart of LR Classic and a re-boot)

If I chose the Import button and select the same folder, then the three files import perfectly as normal.

Colin

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen more often that Synchronize Folder should always be combined with showing the import dialog, or else things may not go as expected. I am not sure if this has ever been identified and logged as a bug, but my advice is to always show the import dialog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because of the rather odd way I work with my daily supply of new genealogy image files, I've been using synchronise folder (without the import dialog) probably 8 to 10 times a day for several years, and never once had a problem of any type, never mind like this, Lr has been very reliable in this respect (for me).

I know of course that that does not mean others will not have seen issues, maybe I've just been lucky. Usually it is only loooking at 4 to 6 files needing syncing, so that may not be stressing the sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines