• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sync collections on a new computer

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,i have just got my windows 10 desktop pc back from repair.. they have rerinstalled windows because of a motherboard failure...i have managed to load creative cloud along with all my apps (photography package)i have my laptop, mobile phone and tablet all with adobe lightroom .. i have been using my laptop while the desktop was away for repair...when i open lightroom on my desktop i expected it to sync with my laptop and all the collections from lightroom CC to be listed..they are not!!

can anybody point me in the right direction to sync my laptop to my repaired desktop

thanks inadvance

Alan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find the catalog file in use on the Desktop PC and use that. If you can't find that, you need to use a recent backup of that catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply, if i sync the catalog file on my desktop pc will it override the app and laptop?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no sync step. Just open the catalog file from before you had the computer repaired. Then your collections should appear and if they were synced with the Adobe Lightroom cloud before the repair, they should still be synced. In fact, once you open this catalog, everything should appear as it was before. You might have to turn on the sync in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats the issue i have they needed to reinstall windows so i havent gor the catalog file before i had the computer repaired..

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have recent backups of your catalog file, don't you? Use those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i have a external drive i can have a look on... i might be back with more help regarding how to get off my external drive into the correct position on my desktop..

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help.. i found my catalog on my repaired computer!! it was on the SSD drive.. now up and running thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

👍🙂🖖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines