• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync error and prompt: Upgrade required for Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync stopped working and cloud icon disappeared from top right menu. When I reset my preferences by restarting with SHIFT+OPTION it returns for a second and then disappears.

I have the newest Lightroom 13.3. Newest macOS 11.6 on M1.

I'm attaching the screenshot of the prompt. Any ideas? I haven't found a solution on the web.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

OK I sorted it. After reinstalling the 10.3 that the Creative Cloud claimed is the newest I turned off the VPN and somehow it did the trick and Creative Cloud correctly found version 11 as the newest and I was able to upgrade. I'm not sure if it was related or not.

Sync seemed to work for a while and it synced the backlog of ~150 photos. Now I get more usual "Sync Error" so it's back to it's regular crappy performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're aactually on 10.3 (we only just got to 11!)

sync requires 10.4 or above to sync (due to the Masking updates in 11)

So either update to 10.4 or, better still, to the latest 11.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! You spotted that correctly @Paul McFarlane PSS. Thanks for that!

That makes the whole problem even weirder, as Creative Cloud claims I'm "Up to date" with everything. I can't update anything as there's nothing to install!? Screenshot:

creative_cloud_-_up_to_date.png

Even though I'm clearly not on the latest version:

Lightroom version.png

I just uninstalled Lightroom Classic and chose not to keep my preferences. I installed it again and still the sync doesn't work. The only thing that changed is that the cloud/sync icon doesn't disappear from the top bar. But the sync menu looks weird:

sync menu.png

Oh, and the dreadful prompt to upgrade when starting Lr (from the first post) is back 😕

One thing that's changed from the first post is that I upgraded Macos to 12.0.1 Monterey.

I need help Someone or Adobe 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is UNBELIEVEABLE. I uninstalled Lightroom and Adobe Cloud. I've run Adobe Cleaner app. I've even removed and uninstalled every remaining settings and junk with Clean My Mac. Afeterwards I downloaded the new Installer of Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic and it still installed Lightroom Classic version 10.3.

I have no clue what can I do more other than reinstall the macOS, which I really don't want to do 🤷🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I sorted it. After reinstalling the 10.3 that the Creative Cloud claimed is the newest I turned off the VPN and somehow it did the trick and Creative Cloud correctly found version 11 as the newest and I was able to upgrade. I'm not sure if it was related or not.

Sync seemed to work for a while and it synced the backlog of ~150 photos. Now I get more usual "Sync Error" so it's back to it's regular crappy performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed not relavent.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines