• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fails to sync since 12.2 update (Windows Only)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic 12.2 on Windows 11. I shoot photos with an iPhone 13 Pro Max using the native iPhone camera app. I sync photos from the iPhone to the Adobe Cloud using LR Mobile app on the phone, then sync down from the Adobe Cloud to Classic on the desktop computer. Today with 3 days of photo that needed to be synced to Classic, the Sync process quit working. I did everything I could think of including Rebuild Sync Data, manually delete today's photos from the Cloud, resync, reboot computer and LR many times, but nothing helped. I then rolled back to Classic 12.1 and the sync problem went away. I reinstalled Classic 12.2 to confirm and the sync problem returned.

What happens in Classic 12.2 when trying to sync is this. After turning on sync by clicking on the cloud icon, the number of photos to be synced briefly appears then goes away. The folder where the synced photos are to be stored is created but shows 0 photos in the folder which never changes. In Prefs > Lightroom Sync > Sync Activity, the photos to be synced are showing as downloading, but nothing else happens. I have confirmed through LR Cloud version and Lightroom on the Web that the photos to be synced have properly synced up to the Cloud.

This appears to be a bug in Classic 12.2 as a roll back to Classic 12.1 fixes the problem. Thanks.

Bruce Ward

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Updated: 3/8/23:

Greetings, 

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 was released today and contains a single Windows-only fix for this issue. (Mac was not affected).  The temporary server-side fix will be reverted after this release, so it is important that you install the 12.2.1 update to maintain sync capability.  Thank you for your patience.

Rikk

The temporary fix on the server side has restored service.  We do need to issue a Lightroom Classic fix as well to complete this resolution on this issue. We wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

This issue is fixed in 12.2.1. Please update. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Since I teach Lightroom Classic and troubleshoot for others, it takes a lot for me to call Adobe when I have an issue (esp when I hear stories from my students about their experiences with Adobe support). Images stopped syncing from my phone to my catalog. They were showing in Lightroom. I tried:

• Re-building Sync database
  • Re-booting computer
  • Turning sync on and off
  • Uninstalling and re-installing Lightroom Classic

I called adobe and they removed one missing photo and insisted that they had to re-build the sync database. (I think they just didn't know what to do)

I tried a back up catalog, and when that didn't work, the only think else I thought was downgrading to 12.1 which worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too.   

• Windows/10 and LrC 12.2.  Syncing photo from Pixel/7 (not pro). 
  • Verified image is in Adobe Cloud. 
  • LrC cloud icon shows green check mark and "all synced" text. 
  • Lightroom Sync tab In Preferences dialog shows one photo "Downloading".  Hasn't changed in 2 days.  Clicking on photo path in Preferences shows image in web browser.
  • Image does not appear in folder designated to receive new images from Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed in the last few days. Last upload was 2-15.
Today, just took 2 more shots with the iphone.
The phone thinks they have been synced. My ipad confirms it.
My LR Classic won't bring them down from the cloud despite multiple stops and starts, and even a reboot of the pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I did the same steps except unistalling and reinstalling.  This has been going on for days at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating.

Is everyone on this thread a Windows user?

What is the date of the last successfully synced file?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated: 3/8/23:

Greetings, 

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 was released today and contains a single Windows-only fix for this issue. (Mac was not affected).  The temporary server-side fix will be reverted after this release, so it is important that you install the 12.2.1 update to maintain sync capability.  Thank you for your patience.

Rikk

The temporary fix on the server side has restored service.  We do need to issue a Lightroom Classic fix as well to complete this resolution on this issue. We will be reaching out to a few of you to download and verify the syncing fix on your machines.  Thank you for your help in resolving this issue. 

The Lightroom Classic team has identified the issue and introduced a fix on the server side.  If you are a Windows Customer running Lightroom 12.2 and have files that are not syncing from the cloud, please restart your computer and launch Lightroom Classic 12. Make sure Sync is not paused in the Sync Panel (upper right) and allow your Lightroom application to sit idle while sync is reestablished. It may take a few minutes for the syncing to start. 
Do the syncs complete now? 

Please report back to this thread with your results so that the team can evaluate the effectiveness of the actions. 

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your reports. With your help we've identified the issue and are working on a fix. 
Workaround: 
If you updated to 12.2, are a Windows customer and have a mission-critical need for syncing: from or to the cloud, your best option is to temporarily revert to version 12.1 and allow your syncing to complete. 

If you haven not updated from a previous version to the current LrC Version 12.2, are a Windows customer, and have a mission-critical need of syncing files to and from the cloud to your Lightroom Classic catalog you should wait to install the 12.2 update until we can issue a fix. 

Files coming from non LrC syncing clients (Mobile, Web, Lightroom Desktop) should be safe in the cloud and will sync down to your catalog at a later date. 

Item syncing from Lightroom Classic will remain on your file system and should sync once the issue is resolved. 
Thank you for your patience while we resolve this matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk. Thanks for getting on this.

Bruce Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw your note on Victoria's site.

For the record:

my LR 12.2 was installed on 2/14? Creative Cloud says 5 days ago,

Last successful sync from iPhone to desktop was 2/15/23, in the am AZ time.

I have the latest Windows 11 OS, vers 22H2, updated 2/14/23.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here (both wrt this issue and wrt following up on the forum/with Adobe). Win10 w/LrC 12.2.

Did a lot of searching/experimenting (everything you - @reidthaler28 - indicate in your list except downgrading to 12.1, which I'd prefer to not do) and my sync is still "stuck". In my case the cloud drop down in LrC indicates a "Syncing 1 photo" forever; the LrC "Lightroom Sync" tab shows one stuck "upload" and 120 downloading items - this latter quantity changes whenever I have new photos on my Samsung Note 9 phone, they are likely stuck behind the one that's stuck uploading(?)...).

Hopefully this issues gets addressed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, I u/g 12.1 to 12.2 again, rebooted the computer. Opened Classic 12.2, started the sync on a few photos from the Cloud to Classic, and it appears the problem is fixed. The sync completed as it should. I'll continue to monitor it over the next few days. Thanks to the Team for the fix.

Bruce Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brucecarterward  Thanks for the speedy response, Bruce. Let me know if you see anything in your monitoring?
Just to confirm - all missing syncs appeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really have any syncs missing since I had rolled back to Classic 12.1 which didn't have the problem. This morning I had 9 photos that had been synced up to the Cloud waiting to come down to Classic. Those 9 synced down completely with Classic 12.2 with the changes to the servers.

Bruce Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting missing status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked like a charm this am.

Thanks to Rick and the LR team for a rapid response & fix.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me now too - thank you!

[I do still have one sync error reported - an upload - but this didn't latch the pending downloads. All non-Error syncs have completed. Anyone have any thoughts on how to diagnose/repair a persistent sync error on a single photo upload?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ColdForest 
This appears to be unrelated to the specific sync issue in this thread. I would recommend starting a new thread with specific information rather than take this thread into the brambles. 

One fun fact about Lightroom Classic
A file will attempt to sync (4) times before Lightroom pauses its attempts. Restarting Lightroom will reset your counter to 0. A general rule is that if sync doesn't move at all for one hour, you should probably restart your application as the 4-attempt constraint is likely invoked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, thx Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm if this issue only affects windows as I've had a devil of a weekend with sync issues on mac. I too went through all of the known fixes to try to get sync going again to no avail. I ended up deleting the cloud library in an effort to start syncing from scratch and no it won't sync from Classic to the cloud at all.

The only thing I have not tried it rolling back to an earlier version, (FWIW, as a separate experiment after I cleared the the cloud library, I noticed that the LR Cloud desktop app is syncing files very, very slow, but my iPad and phone are zipping along).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title of the post says - Windows Only. I confirm that. I recommend you start a new thread to discuss your particular issue. Please include as much information about your system and your workflow as you can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I had already started a discusions here - I wasn't sure if it qualified as a bug report or not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-will-not-sync-not-mat...

But I saw this post via lightroom queen and thought it may apply as the OP was having similar issues.

FWIW, I've installed Classic 12.1 and then 12.01 on a spare mac an it still won't sync!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Windows/10 here.   Re-booting computer did not solve issue for me.  Previous photo still stuck.  took new photo with phone (Pixel 7),  verified it arrived in Adobe Cloud,  but stuck syncing down to LrC.   Status under Cloud Icon in LrC say all is good, but status in Preferences now shows both images a in process and neither has showed up in the folder designated to receive such images from Adobe cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Califdan2  I've forwarded your report to the team.

At this point you are an outlier. Though the symptoms appear identical, I suspect you are having a coincidental issue rather than this issue. We should  collect a log from you in any case.  In the Lightroom Sync Preferences Panel, hold down your [Alt] Key and click on the [Generate Diagnostic Log] button. When you have that log ready determine its size and report back to me and we will figure the best way to get it to the team. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 22 - Still stuck.  

Windows/10.   

Have restarted LrC and rebooted computer every evening and two test images from phone still stuck as shown in preferences dialog, but not showing in cloud icon drop down.

took new photo on phone just now.  Verified it made it to cloud server.  row for 3rd image appeared in Preferenes dialog box but image never arrives in folder.  So, Now I have 3 stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

The Log file is 204MB  (203,783kb)

Here's screen shot of "stuck" images

Califdan2_0-1677089714015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Califdan2 You will need to upload the file to Creative Cloud folders or Dropbox or similar and then send me a link. I will retrieve it and pass it on to the team. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate