Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Lightroom Classic and Lightroom iPad

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to synchronize one collection of lightroom classic with the cloud so that I can edit from my ipad.

I managed to do it but only with previews. The photos on my ipad therefore have a much lower resolution than I would like.

The alternative would be to use Lightroom (not classic) but
1 - I don't prefer it
2 - my photos would take up more space than the space I've available on the cloud (I should synchronize the catalog and not the collection)

Is it possible that it does not exist a way for the following workflow:

1 - Import photos on my Hard Drive with Lightroom Classic

2 - Share only 1 collection with the cloud (full resolution)

3 - Work from my computer or IPAD as needed

4 - Remove sync (free up cloud space)

5 - Synchronize the next collection

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will only synchronize smart previews. Those smart previews can be edited, and the adjustments WILL affect the master images on the computer from which they were synchronized. If, when subsequently editing the master images you discover that further adjustments need to be made, those adjustments will then affect the smart previews. But is not possible to synchronize full-sized images from Lightroom Classic. That is the way the system is designed. The advantage is that those smart previews do not impact your allotted cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround. Install Lightroom desktop too if you had not done so. Sync the images from Lightroom Classic, and then import them in Lightroom desktop. Lightroom desktop will replace the synced smart previews by originals, and Lightroom Classic will be fine with that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answers. This would be simple to implement, I wonder why this is not available. In any case, thanks for your advice 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines