sync LRC catalog on Laptop with Desktop LRC back home

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understnd i can only have one LRC catalog sync at a time.

i want to sync the catalog on my Laptop i am traveling with and when i get home resume using the Desktop cloud syncing. after importing all the files into my Desktop LRC catalog.

i want to be able to create and share collections that i have created on my Laptop and still be able to share and edit the collections i have created on my desktop.

this link seems to be very old and not address the syncing with my laptop, only LR Mobile

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you like, I'd suggest carrying the catalog (and the images) on an external disk that you connect to either the Laptop or the Desktop.

If you don't like to carry an external disk, you can also copy the catalog from one PC to the other.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the link to info when i ask for more info in the cloud sync button

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-different-lightroom-desktop-catalog-with-mobile.ht...

is it as simple as clicking on sync to this catalog on the laptop and then doing the same when i get back desktop.

i dont want to screw things up when i get home to my Desktop computer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@GroomsPhotography wrote:

this is the link to info when i ask for more info in the cloud sync button

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-different-lightroom-desktop-catalog-with-mobile.ht...

is it as simple as clicking on sync to this catalog on the laptop and then doing the same when i get back desktop.

i dont want to screw things up when i get home to my Desktop computer

No, it's not that simple at all. As you can sync only one single catalog, what you want is not going to work. Each time you sync the 'non synced' catalog, the other catalog sync is terminated and the online images are 'orphaned'. As a result, the newly synced catalog is going to see them as new images and will download them all as such. You'll create a mess.

The way to do this is either by using a catalog stored on an external disk that you carry along, as @F. McLion  suggested, or use 'Export as catalog' and 'Import from another catalog' to keep your desktop and laptop catalogs in sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines