• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync turns itself off

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running Big Sur on iMac and Latest LRC. My computer is on most of the time but sleeps between uses. I have mobile LR on iphone and ipad that I sync images mainly from computer to devices. Every few days the sync on LRC stops for no apparent reason. The small arrows beside collections have gone. I try to restart sync but cant get it to happen. If I close LRC when it opens next, all is good for a few days and the cycle repeats. My wifi does turn off each night but issue is not a 24hr thing more like 72 or sometimes longer.

Not a big deal but just a nuisance! Any suggestions Thanks Greg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming that synced collections get turned off for no apparent reason? When you see a synced collection without the arrows beside it have you confirmed that the collection is in fact not on your iPhone or iPad? Wondering if this is a problem with the interface or other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cmgap The issue im thinking is only to do with imac interphase. The sync arrows disappear next to all collections and no matter what I try and do I cant get them back. Preferences says I'm synced, the cloud in TRH corner says I'm synced. My phone and Ipad collections are all still there but now any changes I make on the Mac do not transfer over as the syncing arrows are missing. As I said the only fix I have found is to close LRC and reopen. This fixes the problem till it happens again. Thanks for your reply I had just about given up on an answer GregC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has it always behaved like this or is a new problem that showed up after an update to either the OS or Lrc? Rolling back a version seems like a drastic move and if everything is still truly synced perhaps you can hold off until the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Its been happening for quite some time. as far back as 9.x or maybe earlier. I recently updated to BigSur and latest LRC. but the issue still remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your Collections panel open in the Library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do u want a screen shot of it working or not working?? or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GregC6_0-1632381225146.png

GregC6_1-1632381310199.png

Here r screen shots showing sync arrows present and missing. I am working on a couple of reasons

1. may have something with editing image in PS

2. may be linked to removing an image from a collection

I am doing some more research because it just happend now and I had just performed these tasks when I noted the sync had stopped gregC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to reopen this thread. This is still happening on a regular basis. My only fix is to restart LR. All previous replies still hold true. Can enyone think of a hack I could try to trick LR to start re sync without having to restart. Thanks GregC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines