• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to create a Collection in Lightroom Classic, in the Create Collection dialog, I do not have a Sync With Lightroom check box. 

How can I get this check box to display?

Jayne

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enable sync for this catalog? You only get that option if sync is already enabled.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, synchronization can only be enabled from one catalog. If you have opened another catalog that is NOT the catalog that is synchronized with Lightroom then you will not be able to synchronize any images from that catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but with a remark. You can enable sync in any catalog. What will happen if you do so but have already synced another catalog, is that Lightroom will ask you if you want to disable the sync of that other catalog and continue with this one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I look at it a little more simplistically. If I open a catalog other than the one that isn't synchronized then the boxes to check to synchronize are not there. If there is something else to consider then I'm not aware of what that might be. At least that's the way things work on my Windows 10 computer. I'm not a student on the online help system. So there is a lot of assumption in the answer I provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The boxes aren't there if the catalog isn't synced. The reason could be that another catalog is synced, like you said. It can also be that no catalog is synced yet.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to belabor this point. But that was the reason for my answer in the first place. Since only one catalog can be synchronized, on my computer at least, sync boxes appear in the catalog that IS synchronized, sync boxes DO NOT appear in other catalogs. That is what I have experienced, and that was the reason for my response. If that isn't the way it is supposed to work then I am willing to stand corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are completely correct. That is what I am saying too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines