Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Synching Lightroom Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current setup : 

• 2017 Macbook Pro running macOS Sur 11.6 version with 512 SSD 
  • Lightroom Catalog (Main) saved on internal SSD gets backed up to iCloud at the time of exit of lightroom. Size of Catalog is 720 MB
  • All photos saved on 4TB Lacie External Hard Drive gets daily backed /cloned using Carbon Copy Clone to another external 4TB Lacie External Hard Drive & weekly on 4TB portable hard drive which is stored seperately 
  • New SanDisk portble 2TB SSD 

What i want to achive : 

1. Copy Lightroom Catalog on internal SSD to New SanDisk portble 2TB SSD 
  2. After photo shoot save new photos in New SanDisk portble 2TB SSD and add to the Catalog saved there. 
  3. Open lightroom catalog saved on SanDisk portble 2TB SSD and make edits.
  4. After making edits update the lightroom Lightroom Catalog on internal SSD which is my main LR Catalog 
  5. Or is there a way to automatically sync Lightroom Catalog on internal SSD and External SSD ?

Looking to set my work flow and any advise is appreciated 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With Lightroom Classic, there is no automatic "catalog sync" between two hard disks or two SSDs. You would have to do this via some other method.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines