• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing between Lightroom and lightroom classic

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly use Lightroom as I find it simpler to use than Classic but I want to do focus stacking which I cant do in Lightroom. I have all my photos in the 'All Photos' section of Lightroom. Is it possible to set up Lightroom (or classic) so that the 'All Photos' folder in Lightroom automatically sync's with Classic when I open Classic? 

If so I could simply select the photos I want in CLasic and photostack into Photoshop from there. Alternatively if there is a way to import from Lightroom into Photoshop this may be easier but I cant see a way to do this

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see two scenarios-

1) If you have Lightroom-Classic set to Sync- then all files in Lightroom will be automatically downloading into the LrC catalog. You would only need to locate them in the LrC catalog to 'Edit in' Photoshop.

A good hint is to set the Folder of your choosing for all Lightroom downloads in LrC preferences. SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC 

2) If you are not syncing LrC to Lightroom- Export the files from Lightroom (Original + edits), 'Open' immediately in Photoshop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bit of a pain, but you can open multiple photos from Lightroom in Photoshop. There is no need to use Lightroom Classic just for that purpose. You just have to open them one by one. Then when the files are in Photoshop you can first stack the open files as layers in one file, and then use focus stacking.

Alternatively, you could export the photos to your hard drive, and from there open them as layers in Photoshop. Make your focus stack, save it to the hard disk, and import it in Lightroom. After you've done that you can delete the local copies you made.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines