• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing has stalled

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom Classic for years for my work as a photographer. in order to improve my workflow in the last 3 years I have synchronized all my projects on the cloud so that I can work the shots via ipad and laptop on Lightoom, then once the photos are edited with Classic I can export them with the settings I prefer.

Unfortunately, the sync between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic has been lost in the last month, I can't see the post-produced photos on Ligtroom with the new settings on Lightroom Classic! Everything I do in Lightroom then doesn't sync to Lightroom Classic and viceversa! for me it is a big problem because I am no longer able to proceed with my work.

Yesterday I imported a new project on Lightroom Classic and synced it to have it on mobile, unfortunately despite being told that the sync is complete, on Lightoom Mobile I don't see anything.

please help is very important! I have no way of contacting customer service and I don't know who to contact.

I am attaching all the necessary screenshoots.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo,
Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry about the trouble with Lightroom 5.1 & Lightroom Classic 11.1 on macOS. We are here to help!

As you mentioned, the sync has been stuck or partially functional since last month. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before? Do you have many videos which you are syncing from Lightroom?
Could you please log on to Lightroom web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) with the same email account used in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom and look for a Sync Issues tab, as shown below.

SameerK_0-1643721596365.png

If there are Sync Issues on Lightroom Web (Lightroom.adobe.com), please click on those files and read the descriptions for those images. They could be images imported in Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Still, they are yet to finish syncing to the cloud.

Please backup the originals from the sources and only after you make sure everything is backed up from Lightroom or Lightroom Classic to external storage. Please proceed with removing the items from the Sync Issues tab on Lightroom Web (Lightroom.adobe.com).

Once you have cleared a few items from sync issues, please create a new collection or change the existing collections/albums by adding star ratings or flags to push the sync once again.

Considering that you have many images syncing or stuck, please keep Lightroom Classic & Lightroom connected to the internet and running while the sync database settles with the new changes you have applied.

You are using Lightroom and Lightroom Classic on the same macOS computer as your screenshots. Do you import the same image into Lightroom and Lightroom Classic? Importing the same image twice can create conflict and can have unexpected results.

To know about the Lightroom Sync ecosystem, please check here.
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

Please keep us posted on the status of the issue.
We hope this helps!
Regards,
Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Sameer! thank you so much for your attention.

so, i visited another time https://lightroom.adobe.com  but i didn't find any issue (here the screen)

Schermata-2022-02-01-alle-14.27.49.png

so, now i added stars and flags to several pictures in different albums and LR sync'd it.

Lr and Classic are all connected to internet.

yes, i'm using both softwares on the same macOS computer.

i never import photos in Lightroom, i only import images in Classic and after i sync in order to use it on Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammer, i write you another time because I need your help. 

unfortunately I have not yet been able to fix the problem reported in February. for me it is a big problem because it is my job as a photographer and I cannot deliver photos in HD quality. help me, tell me how to contact someone from support because i need to deliver jobs to clients!

i tried to run all the suggestions in this thread but apparently nothing changes. the sync between Mobile and Classic does not happen! even if the photos I find them on both sides.

please help,

thank you,

Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, Sameer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please @Sameer K help me!

or how can i talk with somebody in italy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlo,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Reach us via chat/call support channels so our product team can provide you with 1:1 assisted support using remote support options. Visit this page to initiate a chat from the chat bubble on the right corner of the page: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Check this to call us: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlo. I have the same issue. I have tried many things. It happened to me before. I don't remember how I fixed it. I think it is realted when we trade/change catalog files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m glad I’m not alone. But I really don't know how to do it. I ask for help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it! I found out the error was with specific files that were unable to sync due to a data loss or another similar error. There were sync errors in my cloud https://lightroom.adobe.com (and also deteled photos with pending sync.). I deleted them in the lightroom.adobe website (the ones in the deleted photos folder and the other ones in the album "Sync Errors/Issues"). Then I rebuilt (recreated) data for sync (in preferences > Lightroom Sync. Tab > Alt Key > There will be an option to rebuild the data). After that I restarted my computer and opened the lightroom again. Then, when I started the sync activity once again and it worked.

Sorry about my English. But I hope it may help you. It is the second time it happened to me and I am almost sure this problem is related when you move your folder's location, or have duplicated files, or open different catalogs. I hope Adobe fixes it.

I got it after reading this tutorial, however the rebuilding sync data I found out in another tutorial.

1. Go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and review the Sync Errors/Issues Album (upper right). Any unresolved syncs will show up as black thumbnails and have text instructions inside that tell you how to resolved the sync. 
  2. After all sync is resolved in Lightroom Web, launch Lightroom Classic and allow it to absorb the changes you've made. If your syncing count hasn't changed in 60 minutes proceed to next step. 
  3. Go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences>Lightroom Sync | Sync Activity and allow the dialog 30 seconds to refresh.  Leave this dialog in place until all Uploading/Downloading/Pending Photo counts stop changing. Scroll down the list and find the stuck asset and remove it from your All Synced Photos collection.  Allow time for sync to reestablish. Repeat if necessary.  If the numbers do not move you can try the nuclear option.
  4. In the location where your catalog is stored is a file called 'sync.lrdata'. Close Lightroom and rename sync.lrdata to sync.old. Restart Lightroom. Allow it to sync. If you have a large number of assets, this can take some time. I usually recommend doing this before you go to bed in case it is a several hour operation. 

Another way:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/stuck-syncing.html - The solution 2 worked for me. It says to restore the images, but I permanently deleted them.

Hope I could help!

@_Guiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!!

But I have already rebuilt the data sync but nothing has changed. the fact is that on https://lightroom.adobe.com no sync issues are reported to me. not even in the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried rebuilding the data sync and all cleaning-up processes, but the problem solution was only after I analyzed the lighroom.adobe website (maybe it is a way to find your ploblem solutuion understanding how the uploading/sync process works there. I will send the pics from the folders I deleted the files below, just in case. I stucked for many days with this problem. Anyways, I hope you have your problem fixed ASAP and Adobe creates an appropriat troubleshooting it (I saw many users with the same question and no solution).

_Guiles_0-1643902973434.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look, no issues!

i've 476.248 photos on my catalog

Schermata 2022-02-03 alle 16.53.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines