• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing too much

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of LR Classic with Mac Big Sur. Recently LRC seems to be syncing images I don't want it to sync. I don't want to auto-upload from ipad or iphone. All I want to do is sync collections I've created on LRC desktop for viewing on the LR mobile app on my phone or ipad. But I have more than 7,000 images in the "all synced images" folder in LR classic with others in a queue to be synced. My collections have a fraction of that number of images. So somehow I've enabled LRC sync more than just what images are in collections. 

My questions:

1.  If I go to preferences>Lightroom sync and click the Delete All Synced Data button will that clean out the all synced images folder without deleting photos on the hard drive in my catalog?

2. If that works, can I then just resync the collections to have what I want?

3. Is there a setting I need to invoke to stop Lightroom from auto-uploading or syncing photos not in a desktop-created collection?

I was on a chat with Adobe support for an interminable amount of time but I think we were talking past one another. 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes that should delete everything from the cloud but you should retain all the local copies of the files you have. You can also simply delete any images from the "all synced photographs" and they will no longer be on the cloud (but will be on your local hard disk). If you'd rather start from scratch the method you found is what you want but be sure everything has synced down to Classic before you do that.

2. Yes

3. Classic will not auto upload anything. It will only upload what's in collections you have set to sync. This is a manual process. It is possible tha what you are seeing is actually images that have synced down from your phone and iPad. by default they will auto ingest any images taken by the iPhone camera and those will get synced down to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines