• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Requirements

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the system recommendations for running lightroom? I'm completely new to Lightroom and have run into a few problems already with it. Before I start reporting bugs/problems, I want to make sure I have the proper hardware/software needed for using lightroom. I am running Windows 11 home on a laptop with 4 Gig RAM, 64 bit. Is this sufficient? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

To followup with what DJ and Ian just said, your computer set up is not adequate.

And if you do change computers and wish to get started with Lightroom Classic, I sincerely suggest you start by reading and /or watching some instructional videos and books, specifically the ones from the Lightroomqueen.com, and any of the training from Adobe.

Lightroom is very different from other photo editors and organizers, including being different from Photoshop and Photoshop ELements.  Lightroom Classic is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about Lightroom Classic (LrC icon) and not Lightroom (Lr icon), here are the system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a laptop with 4 Gig RAM, 64 bit. Is this sufficient? 

No!

As the System Requirments document shared by dj_paige indicates, the minimum ram is 8GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To followup with what DJ and Ian just said, your computer set up is not adequate.

And if you do change computers and wish to get started with Lightroom Classic, I sincerely suggest you start by reading and /or watching some instructional videos and books, specifically the ones from the Lightroomqueen.com, and any of the training from Adobe.

Lightroom is very different from other photo editors and organizers, including being different from Photoshop and Photoshop ELements.  Lightroom Classic is a wonderful application, however getting started correctly is more important than with other applications.

Please do try the free training and follow along on your computer with a "test catalog" and a few "test photos."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines