• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tagged photos without keywords

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Teekesselchen to find duplicate photos.  I now have tagged photos without keywords.  Apparently, the photos were tagged after finding the duplicates.  Now, however, I won't be able to find those photos using keywords.  Can I untag them?  Any suggestions?  I have 43 thousand photos and can probably get them down to 15 or 20 thousand if I get rid of the dupes.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about Lightroom Classic?

If so, what does this mean?

I now have tagged photos without keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now have tagged photos without keywords.

?? "Tags" are Keywords. Add a Keyword to a photo- it is tagged. Tag a photo- it has a keyword.

Apparently, the photos were tagged after finding the duplicates.

Yes. Teekesselchen will provide two results-

1) Photos it 'thinks' might be duplicates are 'Tagged' with the Keyword "Duplicate"

2022-04-23 06_35_13-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2) A Smart Collection is created ("Duplicates") that will, if selected, show all the files that have been Keyworded 'Tagged' with the "Duplicate" keyword.

2022-04-23 06_35_39-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Now, however, I won't be able to find those photos using keywords.

You will- as long as you do NOT remove the Tag/Keyword from the photos. Either-

1) Click on the white arrow at the end of the "Duplicate"keyword. Or-

2) Click on the Smart Collection "Duplicates".

However, Teekesselchen can only SUGGEST to you the files it believes to be 'Duplicates'. YOU have to make the decisions of which files you may want to delete. You may have different edited versions you must keep.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines