• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Problem With Virtual Copies

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me?  For some reason I am not able to create virtual copies in Lightroom.  This function seems not to be working, when it alway has previously.  Any ideas to fix this would be much appreciates.  Nikki

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider simply restarting Lightroom. Sometimes that seems to resolve a lot of quirky little issues for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try? Is there an error message?

Have you tried using the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + ' (apostrophe) ?

If the virtual copy is stacked with the original, selecting the original and pressing S will unstack it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things to consider:

• Are you in a Collection when you create the VC? I'm not sure the VC is automatically added to the collection.
  • Have you looked for the VC after it was created?  Select All Photographs the use the Library filter to look for part of the file name is was copied from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual copies can be added to collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes @JP Hess VC's can be added to collections. I wasn't sure if you were in a collection and made a VC if it would automatically be added to collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It WILL be added to the collection if the user is already in the collection. Have you tried it? That was the whole reason and motivation for my answer. Sorry I didn't clarify it sufficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have this problem, then try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any chance you have the Attribute Filter set for [Original Photos] only?

Rob_Cullen_0-1647124362324.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines