• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporarily Unable to Repair Corrupt Catalog?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just importing some images (about 15) into LRC on my external drive, which is where all of my images live. I've been using the same setup and same catalog for months now with no issues. The process appeared to finish qickly as expected, but I was unable to see the imported images in the assigned folder in my library. I thought, let's restart the system anyway as I was about to have lunch and then get into some editing. It seemed that LRC was holding up the restart process, although it didn't appear to be doing anything. There was no status bar or indication of any process happening withing LRC. I closed the program, shut down and had my lunch. 

Now, I came back and turned the compuer on. When LRC launched I was greeted by this ugly message:

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 1.15.28 pm.png

 So, Relaunch...

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 1.15.49 pm.png

 So, Repair...

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 1.16.01 pm.png

And Try Again just keeps getting me the same result. I have done some digging around on here and found a few similar posts but about to years old. I tried the suggestions there and still the same.

Is there any hope of me ever seeing this catalog again? I have never had an issue like this with images and other software before I began using LRC. I hope there is a suitable work around for this. I am currentl running the latest version of LRC on the 16" MB PRo M1 MAC OS 12.2.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

- Dave

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, not sure what happened... but somehow, suddenly my LightroomCatalog.lrcat file has popped up on my desktop, which was never there before. I clicked it and now all of my images are were I expected. Not sure if it's best to just leave it there or if I should move it, but I will work it out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines