• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporary import data files.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 6.14 stand alone version. 
can the temporary import data folders be deleted.  I am trying to clean up space on my computer but am uncertain as to the need of these files, 

Thank you, 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can the temporary import data folders be deleted

We don't really know what folders you are referring to. Please be specific. Please show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eskov35897492_0-1657286913045.png

Why these temporary folders, not seen them before. They created inside main folder 2022 and with new 2022 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@eskov35897492

please start a new thread, explain the problem completely and in detail, and be sure to state your Lightroom Classic version NUMBER and be sure to state your operating system version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you call "temporary import data folders". There is no such thing in LR 6.14.

I think you're refering to the space (named "previous import") that shows the photos you've just imported. This is not a folder and it doesn't contains photos either. It's a "Collection" that references the photos from your previous import. A collection occupies no disk space. The photos themself are where you imported them on disk. In this collection, LR is just showing you a small preview of these photos, wherever they are on disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines