New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Lightroom Classic 10.1.1

Camera Raw 13.1

Fujifilm GFX 50s

Hello.  Whenever I do a tethered shoot, I am able to establish a connection.  (Taking a photo on the camera automatically appears in Lightroom as intended.)  However, the Tethered Capture Window is nowhere to be found.  I've tried clicking "Show Tether Capture Window" and "Hide Tether Capture Window" - as well as the keyboard shortcut - but the tether window is nowhere to be found.  I've double checked to make sure its not nowhere on the edges of the screen, and have tried resetting the preferences in Lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera is not on the Supported Tether list for Lightroom

Lightroom Tether

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GFX is supported with FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for GFX (Mac), which I have installed and recently updated in an attempt to trouble shoot.  

Again, tethering capture and transferring works for me;  It's the Capture Window that doesn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a may help if you change thread head name so other Fuji users who use the Fuji Plugin to offer some help.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried testing my system with a Canon 5Dsr and the issue persists, so we can at least rule out the Fujifilm side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you did not understand my post. Just so you are aware this is a user to user forum so the responses you will receive here are from users like yourself.

You need to capture the attention of other users of the FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for GFX,

LrC provides tether capture for a few dozen camera models mostly Canon and Nikon, just a thought for attracting the attention of someone who is able to help.

Hope you get the answer soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with my Canon 5Dmark3 and it works fine whether in live view mode or not.  Macos 10.15.7 and Lightroom 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the Adobe forums, is there a way to change the thread headline, or do I have to create a new post? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the plugin.  According to this document on the Adobe site that Fuji sends you to, it doesnt work above macos 10.15.2

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.25.50 PM.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's confusing. The latest version of the plugin is 1.18.00 but it didn't come out til November 25, 2020, (not 2018 as stated on the Adobe page.) Version 1.18.00 includes compatibility with Lightroom 10, and MacOS 11 Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think Adobe does a very good job of keeping their Exchange website or any of their documentation sites updated.  I hope you get this resolved for your fancy camera!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 and 10.1 and 10.0 and they all had the issue where the thether window was permanently hidden while shooting with the Fujifilm GFX.  I finally was able to get it to work with Lightroom Classic 9.4, so it must be an issue or bug with version 10 of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisleh 

Contact Fuji.  They probably need to update their Plugin for LrC10+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisleh 

On second thought, you said your Canon 5Dsr has the same issue.  Does the 5Dsr work with LrC9.4.  What is odd is my Canon 5Dmk3 works correctly with LrC10.1.1.  You could try a reinstall of LrC10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, using a Nikon Z7, Big Sur, and Tether Tools Air Direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue and it seems it was coming from the fact that I had a second external monitor connected to my Macbook Pro, and the system recognized that monitor, but I could not see anything on it. Once I resolved that issue (power cord was not fully attached), the tether tool reappeared on my main monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines