Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered capture does not work with Nikon Z6 II

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have problem with starting tethered capture in Lightroom clasic with my camera Nikon Z6 II altough it is in the list of supported devices for tethering. In my camera I have latest firmware 1.21, LC is on 10.3 version and my OS is MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1. LC can not recognize camera not even in side panel of import altough there is small icon on camera display which indicates that camera is charging so problem is not with usb-c cabel or usb hub, I guess. Can someone please advise me which problem it could be?

Thank you

Martin

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have indicated that the Camera is in charging mode via the USB connection. I would recommend you allow the camera battery to become fully charged. Check the camera user manual to switch from charging mode to the appropriate setting for the tethered capture.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no some other mode in camera settings. I also look in user manual and there is only info about wireless connection to pc via wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you connect your camera via USB do you see any options at the display screen at the back of the camera?

Similar to the image in the screen capture?

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 7.46.47 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don't see anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attaching the camera to the computer with the USB cable and do not see anything when you turn on the camera then I would suggest something is wrong with the connection or the cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so problem is not with usb-c cabel or usb hub, I guess.

Hub? I suspect a hub may cause issues. Have you tried without the hub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is small icon on camera display which indicates that camera is charging so problem 

That has nothing to do with data communications through the USB connection, just power. Only a couple of the wires in that USB cable are used for charging. 

So, this USB cable. Is it data rated?

In LrC, with SD card in camera, camera connected via that USB cable, In the LrC Import screen, can you select any -photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can not select any photo.

I also forgot to mention that before some time it worked with same hub and same usb-c cable but since some update LrC do not recognize my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest you discard the “hub”, why risk “bricking” your great Camera with an insecure connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines